What Information Do We Collect and How
- When you buy a service with Ticketworks, we will collect diverse information which depending on the service, may include your contact and billing information.
- When you visit our website, we collect information about you. Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of the kind of information we collect: the browser and device you're using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn't use our site for, the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
- In order to ensure that you have the best experience while enjoying one of our service, we need to collect details of your special requirements, if you have any.
- If we ever need to collect personal information from children (in some very rare cases), we will always ask parental consent beforehand and we will never use them outside of the purposes that we will specify when we will collect it.
What We Use Your Information For
To execute the terms of our contract with you
We use your information when you seal a contract with us (for example to buy a ticket or any other service) so we can:
- Process your order
- Receive your payment
- Provide you with customer service/support
For our legitimate business needs
- To conduct market analysis which enables us to always improve the products and services we offer.
- For our marketing purposes, unless the kind of marketing we wish to do requires your consent beforehand.
- To send you customer service emails such as booking confirmations and event reminders.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behavior, to protect or enforce our legal rights in line with the law. For example, we need to make sure tickets get into the right hands. As such, we may use your information to prevent unlawful reselling of tickets, misuse of our intellectual property (or the one of the entities we work with), fraud, or other crimes of the sort.
- To ensure the security of our operations as well as the one of the entities we work with.
- To create a profile about you that will allow us to personalize our services to you. For example, if you purchase tickets to a FC Barcelona game and you have consented to our marketing, we will inform you about other FC Barcelona or La Liga games that we believe could interest you. You can always contact us if you want us to turn off such personalization. However, if you do, you won’t receive any personal recommendations and any newsletter you’ve subscribed to will be generic and it doesn’t mean that we will stop all profiling activities when we need to do so to ensure that our service is delivered to you properly or for fraud screening purposes.
Where you’ve given your consent
- To contact you with information or promotions regarding the different services we offer (via email, push or web notifications). You can withdraw your consent at any time (more details about that in the “What you can do to manage the way we use your information” section below).
- To provide you with advertising and marketing communications on our website that are as closely aligned with your interests as possible (more on this subject in our Cookies Policy).
Who We Share Your Data With & For What Purpose
- Our third-party informatics providers (often referred to as data processors) who provide the IT infrastructure on which our website and the products we offer are built.
- We may share your information with the Event organizers so that they can run their operation event. We will always name the Event organizer (a football club or a tennis tournament for example) when you purchase a ticket.
- Providers and sport entities who provide some of the services you have purchased through us, in order for them to be able to process and fulfil your orders.
- Governmental entities or other authorized organizations when this is either permitted or required by law.
What you can do to manage the way we use your information
You can withdraw the consent you gave us at any moment and in any of the following ways:
- To stop receiving any marketing content from us, please contact us and we will make sure that you stop receiving it.
- To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device and/or of your browser. You can also simply keep your location off.
- To object to personalization, please contact us and we will take the necessary measures on your behalf.
You have rights over how your personal information is used which are:
- The right to object the processing of your data by our services.
- The right to request that we delete the information we have about you or that we simply stop any further use of said information.
- The right to request from us that we divulge you all the information we have about you.
- The right to modify (update, amend or simply correct) any information you have given us.
- The right to contest any machine-driven decision we make about you. A machine-driven decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences. We don’t typically use machine-driven decision making but, if we ever do, we will make it clear where/when such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please complete contact us. Please note that if on the one hand we will always carefully assess every request we receive; on the other hand we may not always have to comply. When it is the case, we will explain why.
Protecting Your Information
We have implemented security measures to ensure the protection of your information. Those security measures will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with the services you bought, for the purposes specified here and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. Thus, as soon as said information are no longer needed to comply with these purposes, we will delete them.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us.